How to Lose Weight & Build Lean Muscle is the question.
As we get older it is a known scientific fact that we lose muscle. Since muscle is needed in order to burn fat, there is a big change as we get older we will gain weight. So what are the steps in building lean muscle and losing weight?
- Healthy Diet – A diet with healthy protein, whole grains, vegetables and fruits is recommended. To increase your chances of staying out of the "Obesity" category there are several things that can be done just by changing the way you eat. There are many things to think about too answer the question, "How to lose weight and gain muscle?"Remove as much sugar as possible. Remember that your muscles have to burn through all the sugar you ingest before they can burn fat. Replacing vegetable or corn oil with canola or olive oil has a huge impact. Limit butter and avoid transfat.
- Carbohydrates – Eat good carbs not NO CARBS. Do not be fooled by people that tell you not to eat carbs. Carbohydrates give your body the fuel it needs for physical activity. Whole grains are the best type of Carbs your body needs.
- Protein – The best type of protein comes from SOY. Eating soy-based foods lowers cholesterol, chills hot flashes, prevents breast and prostate cancer, aids weight loss, and wards off osteoporosis.
- Fats & Cholesterol – Low fat or reduced fat processed foods are not necessarily good for you. Eating good fats such as vegetable oils (such as olive, canola, sunflower, soy, and corn), nuts, seeds, and fish.
- Fiber - Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that the body can't digest. Most adult women should shoot for over 20 grams of fiber a day; men should shoot for over 30 grams. Eat whole grains, vegetables, and fruits, with fiber is all you need, which means you'll also be lowering your risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Portion Size – Portion size is what usually gets everyone, when reading the nutritional label food it is CRUCIAL to remember to follow the portion size when calculating calories or other ingredients.
- Exercise Importance – If you do not exercise at all and start exercising a minimum of 2 days per week this will get your blood flowing and help to build lean muscle. There are numerous activities both low impact and high impact that can be done. No the answer to the question, "How to Lose Weight and Gain Muscle" is as follows:
I have lost over 70lbs and have gained lean muscle from the Body BY Vi Challenge. This is a nutritional shake that has all the ingredients above and costs as low as $1.63 per shake. Not only did I lose weight and gain lean muscle but I have learned what not to eat, learned portion control and am living a better lifestyle.